PM Kisan is a Central Sector scheme with 100 per cent funding from the Government of India. It has become operational from December 1, 2018. Under the scheme, income support of Rs 6,000 per year in three equal instalments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares. Here the definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines. The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. There are various exclusion categories for the scheme.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
On May 14, 2021, the Central government paid another instalment of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi to support the farmers. About Rs 19,000 crore have been transferred directly to the bank accounts of farmers, the government on May 14 announced. It will directly benefit about 10 crore farmers.
This amount is proving to be of great use to these farmer families in these trying circumstances. So far, about Rs 1,35,000 crore have reached about 11 crore farmers of the country under this scheme. That is more than Rs 1,25,000 crore directly into the accounts of the farmers and without any middleman. Out of this, more than Rs 60,000 crore have been transferred to the farmers’ accounts in the Corona period alone.
The transfer of the amount to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries can take a few days’ time and ensure this farmer can check the PM-KSNY instalment, status, list, etc.
What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) scheme was launched with the view to supplement the earnings of small and medium categories farmers. This scheme coupled with the Digital India initiative has made it possible to reach the PM KISAN benefits to 12 crore farmers in the country.
With a view to augment the income of Small & Marginal Farmers, the Govt launched a Central Sector Scheme- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) to provide financial assistance of up to Rs 6,000 annually to small and marginalised farmers across the country.
PM KISAN Scheme Benefits
The PM KISAN Yojana benefits 12 crore farmers across of the country. The benefits are as follows:
* The PM KISAN Yojana provides financial assistance to farmers irrespective of the size of their landholdings
* The scheme provides minimum income support up to Rs 6,000 to farmers across the country. The amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the farmers.
Farmers, who have received the eight instalments, don’t have to apply for the 9th instalment. They will receive the 9th instalment in due time directly on their bank accounts. However, farmers, who haven’t got eighth or other instalments, should check their status on PM Kisan online portal www-pmkisan-gov-in or via the mobile app. As of now, the government has mentioned August 2021 for the 9th instalment. Know the process to check the latest instalment details here;
How to Check Latest instalment details
1. Visit official site www.pmkisan.gov.in
2. Click on farmer’s corner given on the homepage of the official website
3. Click on the option beneficiary list
4. Select your state, district/sub-district, block and village details correctly
5. Click on the option get the report
6. Click on the beneficiary list appears on the screen
7. Check your name and confirm
8. Return to the homepage of pmksny.
9. Click on the beneficiary status button again
10. Enter your Aadhaar card details, or mobile number, or your account number
11. Click on the get date button
12. The status of your instalment payment would appear on the screen